1. Winter Snow - The single by new EMI artist Audrey Assad. My favorite song of the year. Period.
2. iTunes U - An unbelievable resource at my fingertips.And its free! Loving "Philosophy for Beginners" from Oxford University
3. Put Things Off - An iPhone app that is a unique and laid back to do list. Perfect for procrastinators and busy people.
4. In Search of God and Guinness by Stephen Mansfield. I cannot put this book down!
5. Thai Chicken Masamum - Here's my recipe...
|1||teaspoon vegetable oil|
||tablespoons grated ginger
|| large onion , sliced
||teaspoons Thai red curry paste
|3||tablespoons fish sauce|
||cups low-sodium chicken broth|
|2||(14-ounce) cans coconut milk , well-shaken|
|1||tablespoon light brown sugar|
|1/2||pound white mushrooms , cleaned, stems trimmed, cut into 1/4-inch slices|
|1||pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts , halved lengthwise and sliced on bias into 1/8-inch-thick pieces
|3||tablespoons fresh lime juice from 2 to 3 limes|
potatoes cut into small pieces
|6 ounces cashews|
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat until just shimmering. Add ginger and curry paste; cook, stirring frequently, until just softened, 1 minute. Stir in 1/2 cup of the chicken broth and stir until the red curry paste dissolves; Stir in remaining broth , fish sauce and brown sugar. Add the potatoes and onions and bring to simmer over high heat and cook partially covered for 15 minutes.
2. Return pan to medium-high heat. Stir in the coconut milk and chicken and bring to simmer and cook 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Reduce heat to medium and add cashews, then add mushrooms and cook until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and season with salt. Sprinkle the bowls of soup with cilantro before serving.